Radha-Govinda temple was built in 1729 AD by the Malla king Krishna Singha (pronunciation: sing-ho) who was the son of king Gopal singha. This ‘Eka-Ratna’ style temple is made of rust coloured laterite. The temple has a square base of 12.4m X 12.4m and a height of 10.7m above a low platform. The roof of the temple is a typical Bengali ‘chala’ type surmounted by a ‘sikhara’ or tower. Around the innermost sanctuary where the idol is kept, there are covered porches on three sides. Except the rear wall, on each of the three sides of the temple there are three arched openings.
Only front wall is significantly decorated with bas-reliefs depicting regular geometric pattern and human figures including mythological characters. There is a chariot like structure adjacent to the main temple. For more detail please see ASI notice.